How to avoid complaints
Speaker: Angela Harkins
Date: April 24, 2020
Room: Speaker room 3
To offer risk management tools for Dentists to effectively manage patients and avoid complaints by being more dento-legally confident.
- Know the value of communication – patients and the dental team
- Involving the patient in their treatment journey
- Choose when not to treat
- Apply learning to manage patient expectations
- Know how to apply current Duty of Candour legislation
- Revised knowledge of how to use the consent process in practice
eCPD development outcomes
- A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints, and raising concerns when patients are at risk.
- D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first.
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »