Maxillectomy rehabilitation using obturator prosthesis – a technical overview
Speaker: Jennifer Alexander
Date: April 24, 2020
Room: Speaker room 3
Three patients were selected for rehabilitation of maxillary defects; this presentation will systematically describe each one in turn and follow the steps taken by the restorative dental technician to work effectively with others in the dental team to provide an obturator prosthesis which suits each patient’s complex needs.
To provide an insight into each patients history and need for rehabilitation providing graphic images of each defect and the process and fabrication of each custom prosthesis by the restorative technician.
- Identify different types of maxillary defect classifications.
- Learn different techniques of materials and methods used for maxillary obturator defects.
- Learn the benefits of the chosen methods for each patient.
eCPD Development outcomes
- A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints and raising concerns when patients are at risk.
- C – Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »