Adult support and protection: ensuring rights and preventing harm
Speaker: Helen Patterson
Date: April 25, 2020
Room: Speaker room 2
This lecture will provide an overview of legislation regarding adults at risk, types of abuse and the responsibility of healthcare professionals to report concerns.
- Delegates will learn the definition of an adult at risk
- Types and signs of abuse will be described
- The legislation pertaining to healthcare professionals’ duty to report concerns and co-operate with authorities investigating potential abuse.
- At the end of the session, delegates should be able to
- Define an adult at risk
- Understand types of harm
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of professionals and statutory bodies in adult support and protection.
A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints and raising concerns when patients are at risk.
D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first.
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »