The ABCDE Approach to the Assessment of the Acutely Unwell Patient
Speaker: Leona Beecroft, Tamora Shemwood
Date: April 26, 2019
Room: Speaker room 3
- To increase participants insight into the utility of the ABCDE approach.
- To develop knowledge/skills required to use ABCDE approach as a decision procedure and reduce risk in medical emergencies.
By the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Provide a rational for using the ABCDE approach.
- Recall the ABCDE assessment elements and sub-elements.
- Through participation, begin to interpret ABCDE data.
- Through participation, begin to use ABCDE data to inform safe clinical decision making.
- Interactive Mentimeter Presentation – Why and how the ABCDE approach should be used.
- Interactive Mentimeter presentation – Examination of ABCDE assessment elements and sub-elements
- Interactive Mentimeter presentation – Interpretation of ABCDE data and action pause points.
- Interactive Mentimeter presentation – Plenary
Development Outcomes: A, B, C & D
Our new booking system includes lecture sessions to allow you to create a personalised Scottish Dental Show timetable, however lecture session entry (speaker rooms 1-4) is on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed.Register today
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »