Nominations are now open
We are delighted to announce that the Scottish Dental Awards 2019 are now open for entry. The Awards celebrate the best of dental practice and patient care in Scotland. We are looking for those individuals and teams in primary and secondary care, NHS and private practice, who place their patients at the heart of everything they do and continuously inspire, innovate and lead to deliver excellent patient care, to develop and enhance the dental profession and, ultimately, to improve oral health in Scotland.
This year we have introduced new categories and new criteria to ensure that the Awards are inclusive and representative of the entire dental profession. We are very keen to encourage involvement from the whole dental team, hygienists and therapists, dental nurses and DCPs. We are also broadening out categories to recognise researchers, academics and the institutions that promote ongoing professional development and education.
This year there are categories for:
- Clinician of the year – which is now awarded in two separate categories, Dentist of the Year and Hygienist/Dental Therapist of the Year
- DCP of the year
- Practice Manager of the year
- Trainer of the year
- Young clinician of the year – which is now awarded in two separate categories, Young Dentist of the year and Young Hygienist/ Dental Therapist of the year
- Team Award
- Innovation Award
- Leadership Award
- Outstanding Contribution of the year
- Practice of the year – which is now awarded in two separate categories, General Practice and Referral or Specialist practice.
- Laboratory of the Year
- Professional Adviser Award
- Sales Consultant Award
And the prestigious Scottish Dental Lifetime Achievement Award
Closing date for entries is Friday March 8, 2019, more information about the categories and criteria can be found here.