Communicating with confidence and the comfortable dental injection technique
Speaker: Barry Oulton
Date: April 24, 2020
Tips for the comfortable dental injection technique (CDIT)
The aim of this interactive hands on session is to show the use and benefits of Septodont’s products Biodentine and Ultrasafety Plus and learn the importance of some communication and language skills that will increase patient acceptance and profits.
- The importance of mindset for your team and patients
- How to build true rapport with all patients so they are relaxed and more likely to accept treatment
- The influence of language on the effectiveness of dental treatment
- Why even words carefully chosen by dental team members to reassure can be misinterpreted by the patient’s subconscious mind to make then feel uncomfortable and / or anxious and how to overcome that
- How to select needles for the comfortable dental injection technique
- The benefits of Biodentine
- Recognise the importance of mindset
- Explain how to build rapport easily
- Understand the impact of language
- Identify the importance of needle selection & benefits of biodentine
eCPD development outcomes
- A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints and raising concerns when patients are at risk.
- C – Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.
- D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first.
« Speaker list Lecture times » Workshop times »